Amersham Community Minibus – Policy & Terms & ConditionsPolicy
The Minibus is for the use of non-profit organisations or individuals for the purpose of social and community activities
Eligibility for using the minibus is determined by Amersham Round Table
The minibus may be used by individuals or bodies that have applied to be registered as users on the Amersham Community Minibus website, and have received an email confirming their successful registration
Amersham Round Table reserves the right to refuse registration as a user without giving a reason, and to revoke registered status at any time without giving notice or reason
Amersham Round Table reserves the right to refuse to lend its vehicle to any Community Group that, in its opinion, fails to take good care of the vehicle and/or otherwise fails to comply with the terms and conditions of use. Registered Drivers having more than one blameworthy incident may be excluded from driving our vehicle
The minibus will not be made available for any of the following activities:
- Hire or reward
- Any commercial activity
- Driving practise or experience eg. Track days
Amersham Round Table administer the use of the minibus to assure adherence to:
- The terms of the vehicle insurance policy
- Charity Commission requirements on the Amersham Round Table Charity Fund
Upon completion of reading the remaining "Policy and Terms and Conditions", if your organisation and proposed use are in line with these terms, the next step is to register as a driver. All drivers of the Minibus must be registered to drive the bus for insurance purposes.
We will need you to fill out the Driver’s Registration Form, by clicking on the "Register Now For All Drivers" link, once approved and validated we will need a copy of your Driving Licence to make sure you’re able to drive the bus.
Once we’ve got you set up as an approved driver, you can come back to the site, login with your user name and password provided, this will be sent to you, once approved, via an email. You can book the Minibus as often as you like - you can even now pay the recommended donation online.Availability
All bookings are on a first come, first served basis. Simply log in and book using the calendar and booking slots provided.Collecting and Dropping off
Collection and drop off will take place behind the Youth Centre, Chiltern Avenue, Amersham, HP6 5AH
Pick up and drop off is available as per slots booked using the online calendar with a 1 hour buffer.
One key will be given out on collection, however should you lose the key a second one will be made available to you. There will be a charge for replacing the missing key of £200.Payment
You can pay the recommended donation online when making your booking via PayPal.
A deposit will be required to cover the insurance excess of £150.00, a cheque must be provided at the time of collection of the minibus. This will be held securely and will be returned on safe return of the minibus.Accessibility
The minibus is wheelchair accessible. The minibus can carry 17 people without a wheelchair. To create space for one wheelchair, there are 4 removable chairs which need to be removed from the bus making it a 13 seater plus 1 wheelchair. The floor is non- slip and there are grab handles and a pop-out access step. Removable chairs to be kept in a safe and dry area. Information will be provided to assist.Vehicle pack
A vehicle pack will be left in the vehicle. The pack will include all details of breakdown cover, incident form, contact details for Amersham Round Table and other useful information.Insurance
The minibus is insured on a fully comprehensive basis, subject to the driver being registered and meeting the terms and conditions stated under the criteria of eligibility for drivers. The cover, however, is subject to a £150.00 excess which applies to Accidental damage, fire and theft. There is a glass excess of £75.00. Any relevant insurance excess will be charged to the organisation using the vehicle upon any claim.Breakdown
The minibus has AA breakdown cover. In the event of a breakdown please contact the insurer QBE Helpline 0800 389 1708 first who will arrange with the AA for someone to come out and help you.Accidents, Incidents, Damages and Faults
Information on what to do in the event of an accident or emergency is in the Vehicle Pack. Details of any incident involving the vehicle must be reported as soon as possible but no later than 24 hours of the incident occurring and a copy of the completed accident form is to be returned within 48 hours.Spare Key
Amersham Round Table do have one spare key, so in an emergency, please contact us.Definitions
Minibus / Vehicle: The Amersham Community Minibus – Peugeot Boxer 17-seat Minibus with registration number HX61 HCG
User: The person named in the booking system as having reserved the Minibus for their use or the use of their organisation
Driver: Any person driving the Minibus
Period of Use: The period between the collection of the Minibus keys from the Minibus Administrator and the return of the Minibus keys to the Minibus Administrator
Amersham Round Table: The Amersham-based constituent club of the National Association of Round Tables of Britain and Ireland
Amersham Round Table Charitable Trust: The registered charity, number 1053287, whose trustees are members of Amersham Round TableTerms and Conditions of Use.
- The vehicle will be inspected pre and post hire to record and jointly agree vehicle condition.
- Users are responsible for nominating drivers and ensuring that all drivers have completed the registration process.
- The registered driver must ensure they are familiar with the controls of the minibus before they use it.
- Users may not make a profit from charges or donations for using the minibus or advertise trips or excursions to the general public.
- The user is responsible for paying any charges, tolls or fines incurred while the vehicle is in their possession.
- No food or drink is to be consumed in the minibus.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in any part of the vehicle.
- Users agree to pay the insurance policy excess (currently £150) resulting from any insurance claim involving ‘own damage’ to the vehicle. The excess will be refunded if the circumstances of the incident are such that the costs are able to be successfully recovered from a third party.
- Any accident, faults or damage to the vehicle no matter how small it may be must be reported within 24 hours. Failure to do so will result in the repair cost being charged to the group.
- The user will be liable for the cost of any repair for damage to the vehicle caused by the actions of the driver or passengers which cannot be attributed to reasonable wear and tear.
- The vehicle must be left in a clean, tidy condition. The user will be liable for the cost of any necessary additional cleaning fees up to £200
- The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of diesel fuel. Where the tank is not full of diesel fuel upon return, the user agrees to pay £50 per half tank of fuel for refilling
- Keys may not be kept by any user without prior permission or passed on to other users and they must always be returned on the agreed day of return. If the key is lost, the user agrees to pay £200 for replacement.
- ALL drivers MUST ADHERE to the following;
- To be aged between 25 and 70 years; or over 70 and in possession of a valid Medical Examination Report (form D4)
- To hold a full UK driving licence with entitlement to drive category D1 vehicles, or to have held a car (category B) licence for at least 2 years
- To have 3 or fewer penalty points on their drivers’ license
- NOT to accept any payment or consideration for driving other than out of pocket expenses
- NOT to tow a trailer unless their drivers’ license allows it
- Only to drive the minibus in the UK
- Have and informed the DVLA drivers medical group of any medical conditions
- NOT to drive the bus for hire or reward (Hire or reward encompasses any payment in cash or kind by (or on behalf of) passengers which gives them a right to be carried)
- NOT to drive when under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including any medication that can cause drowsiness or for which users are warned not to drive or operate machinery
- To drive safely at all times.
- To adjust head restraints to the correct position for the driver and all passengers;
- To keep within speed limits and never drive faster than the road or driving conditions allow
- To plan the journey with safety in mind by identifying the route, including places for rest
- Breaks of at least 15 minutes every 2 hours;
- To avoid driving in the early hours of the morning or without a normal night’s sleep;
- To share the driving, where possible;
- To stop immediately when feeling drowsy and have a rest and a drink of tea or coffee;
- NOT to have a mobile phone switched on when in a petrol station, either in the vehicle or on the person;
- To use only ’hands free’ mobile phones when driving, and only when it is safe to do so;
- NOT to read or transmit any form of text messaging facility whilst driving;
- NOT to drive for excessive periods without taking a break.